Follow this list of Summer Home Maintenance Tips to ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
As the seasons change, it's great to get in the practice of performing regular cleaning and maintenance around your home. With summer fast approaching, we've compiled a list of indoor and outdoor summer home maintenance tips to help you get your home ready for the hottest time of the year.
1. Inspect and clean your deck and patio. Look for rotten wood, loose boards or nails, peeling paint, and other signs of deterioration or safety hazards. Power wash and consider resealing if needed.
2. Clean your siding. Rent a power washer and do your siding and deck at the same time.
4. Inspect exterior faucets and hoses. Look for and repair leaks.
5. Check your crawlspace. Look for water damage and unwanted animals.
6. Change your furnace filter.
8. Inspect your washing machine for leaks or damage.
9. Check your windows. Look for broken locks or torn screens and fix and replace if needed.
10. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
We hope these summer maintenance tips are helpful. Remember to call a professional if you uncover significant damage while performing your inspections or if you are uncomfortable with a certain task. It's always better to be safe than sorry.