The BIG Philly Home Show opens this Friday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia and will be open Feb. 12-14 and Feb. 19-21. Sandy and I will be there both weekends and we'd love for you to stop by and see us in booth #411 and since you'll be in city, why not make a day of it? Wondering what to do while you're in town? Check out our list below of the top 5 things to see in Philly that are within walking distance of the Home Show.
Pete & Sandy's Top 5 Things to See in Philly Near the Home Show:
- Reading Terminal Market - Right next to the Convention Center, this bustling food market features many great lunch spots (way better than the food concessions inside the show itself). You'll also find an array of fresh meats, seafood, produce, baked goods, sweets, spices, cheeses and other gourmet specialties. Walk the stalls and pick up everything you need for a fantastic dinner at home after the show.
- Chinatown - This historic asian enclave surrounds the Convention Center, and is one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon. Great food - dim sum, noodle houses, and an izakaya bar to name a few - abound in Chinatown. The neighborhood also has many small grocery markets, meat and seafood sellers that will add variety and intrigue to your pantry. We suggest you start your tour at the beautiful Chinese Friendship Gate at 10th & Arch Streets - the traditional entrance to Chinatown.
- Independence National Historical Park & The National Constitution Center - This part of the city is the birthplace of America and is just a short walk from the Convention Center. Visit the the National Constitution Center, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other historic sites, all within a few blocks of one another.
- Old City - Besides the historical parks and treasures listed in #3, the surrounding neighborhood of Old City is home to beautiful old buildings and tiny, cobblestone streets. Quirky shops, excellent restaurants and quaint photo-ops abound.
- One Liberty Observation Deck - Just opened, this amazing new attraction is located a 6 block walk, past beautiful City Hall, from the Convention Center. High atop One Liberty Place - the glass observation deck is 833 feet above the street, and offers a 360 degree, panoramic view of the city. Once back on the ground, you will find yourself in the heart of one of the city's best shopping & dining areas. Pick your way around the streets from here to Rittenhouse Square, then get an Uber back to your car at the Convention Center.
If you would like free tickets to the Philly Home Show, simply post a comment to our Facebook page.
Pennsylvania Convention Center
Exhibition Hall F
12th & Arch Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Friday, February 12, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, February 19, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.